Who is the cheapest energy supplier? I hear you ask.
Well it certainly is not one of the top 6 Companies, British Gas, EDF Energy, E.ON, N Power, Scottish Power or SSE. I have recently searched the market for the cheapest energy supplier and I have chosen BULB a new company for a variety of reasons.
- The first is price.
- The second is they promote Green Energy
- The third is that they are a new start up with a single pricing option.
- The fourth is they made switching so easy and simple
- The fifth is a fantastic referral scheme which earns you and a friend £50 each
Lets deal with the first reason Price
I live in Devon and have been with British Gas and the old SWEB now EDF for over 40 years and have never switched supplier.
This is despite Martin Lewis regularly prompting me on TV and just as regularly Karen nagging me to do the same.
Three significant factors illuminated the errors of my ways.
- The first was installing Solar Panels
- The second was buying an Electric Car namely my Nissan Leaf.
- The third was the huge price hike by both British Gas and EDF in energy prices. EDF put my electricity price per KWh up to 19.67p
So with winter coming and the increased use of my Electric Vehicle I decided enough was enough.
Having never switched I was concerned,
how do you switch energy suppliers?
How long does it take to switch gas and electricity?
Who is the cheapest energy supplier?
I did the usual research on the comparison websites but my decision was based on loads of reviews of the company BULB in the UK Nissan Leaf Facebook Page
Now the Leaf owners group are a canny lot and you can bet if lots of them change to BULB there is very good reason to do so.
The price quoted by Bulb was as follows:
Supplier Bulb Energy
Tariff Name Vari-Fair
Tariff Type Standard variable product
Payment Method Debit Card recurring payment
Electricity Unit Rate 13.79p per kWh
Electricity Standing Charge 24.56p per day
Gas Unit Rate 2.67p per kWh
Gas Standing Charge 24.56p per day
Dual Fuel Discount £30.00 per year
Tariff Ends On No end date
Exit Fees £0.00
This dual fuel tariff means I will save close on £300 from the charges British Gas and EDF wanted to charge me PLUS I will receive £50 off my bill as I used a referral link from an existing BULB customer.
How Do You Switch Energy Suppliers?
For me I clicked on the referral link from Brain in the Facebook Group on the 9th October 2017. I then received this email from BULB .
I also got a message from Brian saying thank you as well!!
Well that is a first , a company that can’t wait to help me.
When you log into your BULB account you are presented with a really simple dashboard. Just 6 options to click on, all self explanatory.
And there it is – £50 credit
So In Summary
- I am the mug who has been paying through the nose for over 40 years and have never switched energy supplier
- I found Bulb through a Facebook Group who’s recommendations I trusted
- I signed up through an existing customer referral link and we both received £50
- The switching process was handled completely by BULB and was so simple.
- I am now buying Green Energy which is way cheaper than before.
- If you are thinking of switching energy suppliers then please use my referral link and we both earn £50
Here is my referral link – please click it and get your free quote (its handy if you know last years energy usage, if not they do estimate it) we both cold earn £50 if you do like the quote and switch to BULB
And if you do switch using my link please let me know, so I can say thank you to you as well.
Below is a quick video I created for my Youtube Channel readers.
UPDATE 20/11/2017 The Double BONUS offer has now ended and we are back to the £50 Bonus.